Wednesday, November 18, 2009

redbox

I have been a fan of this new, high tech video rental company, and have rented from them several times. However, I just had an unsatisfactory experience with their online reservation system.
Here is copy from the confirming email I received:

"Thank you for using redbox! You successfully reserved your rentals(s):

"Up"

Your disc(s) will be waiting for you until 9:00 PM tomorrow night at the redbox you selected:

7-Eleven (see available movies)
4438 Lemmon Ave
Dallas, TX 75219-2142

Please remember to bring the credit card you used to make your reservation when you pick up your disc(s)! "

After 9:00 PM tomorrow night, all disc(s) will be made available for other customers to rent, and your account with be charged $1 + tax for each disc.

That would indicate that I could pick up the disc before 9PM on the following day. I picked it up about 4PM the following day, returning it the next day about 4PM. I was charged for two days even though I only had the disc for one day. I was able to get a credit for one day "as a one time courtesy" after a considerable hassle as well as no acknowledgment of a mistake This, in my experience (especially with banks), tends to be an excuse to cover deceptive practices to increase income. I still like the price and convenience of the redbox kiosks and will probably continue to rent from them from time to time. I just want to make others aware of a potential problem.

No comments: