Sunday, July 16, 2017

World Market's New Wine Pricing

Much to my dismay, I left World Market on Oak Lawn Ave. in Dallas, TX empty handed due to the RIDICULOUS new pricing for their wines. I had purchased one of my favorite wines, Drops of Jupiter, one week ago at the store on Greenville Ave for $8.88, on sale. Today ALL of the wines prices had been raised with the regular AND sales price for Drops of Jupiter being $11.99. If you buy 4 bottles, it is $10.99; a case $7.99.

Mind you, I have been buying this wine regularly for over three years at World Market NEVER paying more than $9.99. As I mentioned, I checked five other wines that I buy occasionally were also priced higher. When I spoke to the manager, he said I was not the first one to complain about the prices. He gave me a mail in feedback to the CEO which is going in the mail today.

As for me, I will never shop for wine at World Market again unless the prices change, and since that's the primary thing I buy there, it means I'm not going back.

No comments: